Welcome! This article provides a brief introduction to navigating your Skilljar account.
We will look at:
- A tour of the Skilljar admin dashboard
- Your training portal
- What is a course
- Next steps
Skilljar admin dashboard
Our admin dashboard gives you access to course creation and management, reporting and much more. This is the site where you will manage your learning system.
Your Skilljar dashboard is located here: dashboard.skilljar.com. This is a different URL from your training portal. Input your admin email and password to login.
Once you have logged in, you will be taken to the dashboard homepage, where you'll notice several tools available.
Let's take a look at the menus. The left nav menu serves as your primary navigation throughout the dashboard. These menus provide access to several different tools. Below is a description of each tool.
- Course Management - create and manage your courses, including building your curriculum, uploading content, setting up certificates and many other course settings
- Theming - customize the look of your training site and add your custom code for web analytics and conversion tracking
- Domains & Publishing - manage published courses, included your training site domain, course price and availability, custom registration fields and more
- Promo Codes - create coupons to provide to trainees for discounted or free access
- Announcements - send emails to your trainees
- Order Report - view order data and manage registrations
- Analytics - presents user activity reports in a variety of views
- Groups - organize trainees into groups and assign admins as group managers for viewing analytics by trainee group
Profile and Organization Settings
- Profile - update your user settings
- Organization - manage organization details such as your Skilljar plan, admin user roles, and more
- API Credentials - provides access to connect with Skilljar's API
If you ever have a question, you can visit this Help Center by clicking on the Support link located in the footer of each dashboard page, or you can contact us at email@example.com!
If there are any delays on the dashboard, you can see the latest server and site updates by clicking the Status link in the footer on the dashboard.
Your training portal
Your training portal is the URL where your published courses will be located, and where trainees can register for, access and complete training.
This URL can be set up as a custom domain using your own website, like training.yoursite.com. Or you can use a Skilljar domain, like yoursite.skilljar.com. You can also customize the look of your training portal to match your company's brand and colors.
What is a course
A course is a unit of training that is available for a trainee to purchase, register for and complete.
- A course is made of a one or more lessons.
- A lesson contains one main content element.
- A content element can be any of the following:
- SCORM 1.2 package
- Web package
- Embed link
When you're ready to start creating a course, you can visit this article on How do I set up a course.
If you'd like to learn more about setting up your training portal, visit this help article: Introduction to your training portal.