Catalog pages help you organize and structure your training content. They can contain courses, paths, and/or other pages.
Learn how to manage your catalog pages with these resources:
- Create and Edit Catalog Pages
- Change Catalog Page Course Display
- Customizing a Course Catalog Header
- Hiding a Catalog Object from the Course Catalog Page
- Creating a Certificate for a Catalog Page
What are catalog pages?
Catalog pages allow you to group courses together and be discovered on one page, making it easier for learners to find your course content.
There are two types of catalog pages:
Catalog home page:
This catalog page lives at your root training domain URL. For example, Skilljar Academy’s catalog home page lives at academy.skilljar.com.
- The catalog home page is denoted by the house icon in the “Catalog Pages” tab.
- This page exists by default and can't be deleted.
- You can't change the URL address of your Catalog Home Page without updating your overall training domain URL. Learn more: Creating a Custom Domain and Configuring SSL for Your Skilljar Training Site.
- The “Tile Image” on this page serves as your training domain’s unfurl image on social media channels.
These additional pages you'll create.
- You can delete this page and change its URL.
- You can choose to set any Catalog Page as the Default Home Page for a specific group. Learn more: Configuring Default Home Pages for Groups.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What are some ways that I can use catalog pages to organize my content?
Consider using catalog pages to organize content by:
You can also use catalog pages as a blank webpage using the Header HTML, without adding content for uses such as:
- Frequently asked questions
- Program overview
- Certification overview
- And more.
Can I hide courses?
Yes, you can hide a course from view by making it no longer visible on the catalog page. Learn more.
How quickly will a new course appear on a catalog page?
As soon as you publish a new course to your domain, and make it visible, it will appear on your catalog page.
Can I change the "All Courses" heading?
Yes, you can customize your catalog header ("All Courses" is displayed by default in this section). Learn more.