Students have the option to purchase multiple seats to a priced course. You can limit the number of seats a student may purchase from the course publishing settings.
Additionally, if you have Live Training lessons and events in a course, you can limit the number of course registrations based on the available live training seats.
- Publish a course from either Course Management or Domains & Publishing.
- Enter a price for the course (a course must be priced to enable maximum checkout quantity.)
- Enter a "Maximum Checkout Quantity" on the Publish Course page. By default, the maximum number of seats a student can buy is 30.
- Select the "Live Training - limit checkout quantity based on available seats?" option to update the checkout quantity based on available live training seats.
- Select additional settings and select "Publish Course" to publish the course to a domain.
Live Training Student Experience
A student can only purchase and register for a course if seats to live training events are available.
- The Maximum Checkout Quantity is enforced on the Purchase checkout page.
- The Checkout quantity is also updated based on the maximum seats available for an event. For example, if the maximum checkout quantity is set to 5 and a live event only has 3 seats available, the Checkout Quantity will limit a student to 3 seats.
When any Live Training lesson in a course reaches the maximum number of seats:
- Students are unable to purchase and register for the course.
- The registration button is disabled and a message displays to alert users there are no seats available for purchase at this time.