Students have the option to purchase multiple seats to a priced course. You can limit the number of seats a student may purchase from the course publishing settings.
Additionally, if you have Live Training lessons and events in a course, you can limit the number of course registrations based on the available live training seats.
- Publish a course using the steps in our Publishing a Course article.
- On the Domains page, select Published courses.
- On the next page, select the title of the Published Course to access the Publish Settings.
- Scroll down to the Purchase Settings and select the Add A Purchase Price box.
- Enter a price for the course (a course must be priced to enable checkout quantity).
- Enter a checkout quantity in the Maximum Checkout box (this will be 30 as default).
- Select the Live Training - limit checkout quantity based on available seats? option to update the checkout quantity based on available live training seats.
Live Training Student Experience
A student can only purchase and register for a course if seats to live training events are available.
- The Checkout Quantity is enforced on the Purchase checkout page.
- The Checkout quantity is also updated based on the seats available for an event. For example, if the checkout quantity is set to five and a live event only has 3 seats available, the Checkout Quantity will limit a student to three seats.
When any Live Training lesson in a course reaches the maximum number of seats:
- Students are unable to purchase and register for the course.
- The registration button is disabled and a message displays to alert users there are no seats available for purchase at this time.