HTTPS is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between users and websites. Adopting HTTPS is always encouraged in order to protect end-users connection to websites regardless of the content being served.
Here’s how you can get started using HTTPS to secure your custom Skilljar domain:
- Contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to request that a CSR file be generated for your custom domain
- Once you receive the CSR file from your Customer Success Manager, use it to purchase a SSL certificate from the certificate authority of your choice
- Once purchased, send the SSL certificate to your Customer Success Manager and we’ll take care of setting up the new secure endpoint for your custom domain
- Your Customer Success Manager will then let you know when you can update your CNAME entry point to the new secure endpoint (i.e. learn.example.com > ssl-example.skilljar.com)
- Once you update the CNAME, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com to complete the setup on Skilljar
This setup may require some assistance from your internal IT team. If you have any questions please reach out to your dedicated CSM or firstname.lastname@example.org!