HTTPS is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between users and websites. Adopting HTTPS is always encouraged in order to protect end-users connection to websites regardless of the content being served.
Here are the steps to set up SSL in order to secure your custom Skilljar domain with HTTPS:
- Contact your dedicated IM, CSM, or support@skilljar to request that a CSR (certificate signing request) file be generated for your custom domain
- Once you receive the CSR file, use it to purchase an SSL certificate from the certificate authority of your choice
- Once purchased, send the SSL certificate back to us and we’ll take care of setting up the new secure endpoint for your custom domain
- We'll then let you know when you can update your CNAME entry point to the new secure endpoint (i.e. learn.example.com > ssl-example.skilljar.com)
- Once you update that CNAME, let us know and we'll complete the setup on our end!
This setup may require some assistance from your internal technical team. If you have any questions please reach out to your dedicated IM, CSM, or email@example.com!