Some Customers require students to retake yearly certification exams or to refresh compliance training on a regular basis. With our Enrollment Settings, Skilljar makes it easy for instructors to establish re-enrollment rules for those courses that require students to revisit content after a set period of time. Skilljar offers the ability for students to be automatically re-enrolled in a course, or to do so manually.
This article outlines how to enable these re-enrollment settings.
Setting an Enrollment Expiration
Enabling the re-enrollment of students in a course either manually or automatically first requires that an enrollment expiration period be set. This setting tells Skilljar that after the specified period of time, and regardless of whether a student has completed the given course or not, the student's enrollment will be reset.
*Without an enrollment expiration, students who have completed the course will be unable to be re-enrolled and establish new course completion data in Skilljar, unless their enrollment record is manually updated by a Skilljar admin or via the Skilljar API. (*See Important Notes below for more information)
To set up an access expiration date:
- From Domains & Publishing, select Catalog Settings for the domain to which the course is published.
- Select the Published Courses tab
- Find to the course you wish to enable for re-enrollment, then select the course title link to get to the course's publishing settings page.
- Scroll to the Enrollment Settings>Access Expiration section as shown below:
- Specify the expiration period for course access. Note that the period term can be in either Months or Days. In the structure above, the set number of months after first registering for the course, students will have to re-enroll in order to take the course again.
- After setting the access expiration date for enrollment, you have the option of specifying if you'd like Skilljar to automatically re-enroll students in the course. To enable this option, simply select the checkbox (shown below).
- Once enabled, you'll set a Start Cycle date and a monthly or daily repeat schedule. In the example below, the re-enrollment cycle will begin for all registered users on May 1st, 2020 and repeat every 12 months. This means that beginning on May 1st, 2020 any users enrolled in the course will be automatically re-enrolled in 12 months.
Note: When Automatic Re-enrollment is enabled, regardless of whether their existing enrollment has expired or been de-activated, students will be re-enrolled in that course. This is different behavior from the manual approach to re-enrollment, which does require expiration of the original enrollment.
Final Step: Setting Course Progress Option
Once establishing an enrollment expiration period, and/or allowing for automatic re-enrollment in a course, the last step is to select the appropriate Course Progress option. This option tells Skilljar to either refresh and establish new course completion data, or to keep pre-existing completion data without updating to reflect any newly created completion data.
In cases where students are required to refresh compliance training or certification training every so often, it's important for instructors to select the first option to create a new course progress data point each time a student enrolls in the course. The option is highlighted in the screenshot below:
By selecting this option, Skilljar will report on both the new registration date and the new completion date which instructors can use to confirm that students have in fact renewed their certification or compliance status for the given period.
By selecting the second option, Skilljar will report on the new registration date, while the completion date will maintain the original completion date.
- Customers have two additional options for triggering re-enrollments for a course in lieu of setting an enrollment expiration date:
- Using the Skilljar API
- Manually, by making individual students' course enrollments inactive through the Student enrollment page:
- Please contact your Customer Success Manager, or email@example.com for more information on how to set up re-enrollments using these two methods