In order to help with GDPR compliancy, Admins have the ability to remove a student's personal identifiable information (PII) from the organization. This information includes the student's email address, first name and last name.
- From Students, select a user. Click on the Admin Actions dropdown.
- This will open up the Admin Actions dropdown, where you can select the Delete Student Information option:
When you select the Delete Student Information option, a warning message displays:
Please select ‘I understand’ in order to proceed with deleting the student's personal information. Once you select the "Delete" button, the student's information is delete and you will return to the Student table. If you decide that you do not want to delete the student's personal information, please select the "Cancel" button. Selecting this option will return you to the specific student’s page
Note: Deleting a student’s personal information cannot be undone.
The following Personally Identifiable Information is removed from the Database when this action is run:
Student First Name
Student Last Name
All Sign Up Field Responses
- Student Profile image
- Student Name on Certificate PDF Image
The Following Information will remain in the Database - under the Obfuscated student object “firstname.lastname@example.org”:
- While the student's PII is removed, associated student enrollments will still remain. This allows you to maintain historical records related to course registrations and completions. Following the deletion, the "removed" student will continue to exist, but this will not have any PII associated back to the actual student.
Analytics associated with those enrollments (Quiz responses, ILT registration/attendance)
- While the student's PII is removed, analytics will still remain to show that there was a user who had taken training, but their information has been removed.
Please note: In order to fully delete a user (which will remove Analytics and Enrollments data for them as well), please continue to contact Skilljar Support.
Salesforce and Data Connector
When a student's PII is removed from the Dashboard, the update is not passed to Salesforce. Please manage the student deletion through Salesforce directly, if the student is to be fully deleted.
The Data Connector should reflect the current Skilljar database, even with PII removed. If an Admin has moved data from the PostGres DB using an ETL tool to your data warehouse, the data warehouse will likely still have that PII. This is because Skilljar has no control of the data after it is moved out of the platform's Database.
In order to search for the removed students, you can search for "removed" in the Students section or within Analytics. The display for after a Student's information is deleted:
If this student returns to your site, they will have no student record or training history. They will get an error message, as there is no Student with that email in the database:
The 'Forgot Password' process will NOT work - the student will have to sign up again as a new user. Once they do, they will have no training history listed: