Enhance your Skilljar training platform by adding lessons to your courses.
You can add a lesson to your courses via your Skilljar dashboard. To read more about how to create a lesson, see our Create and Manage Lessons article.
What’s a lesson?
A lesson is the curriculum content that makes up your courses, which students consume and interact with when they partake in your training, including quizzes, HTML lessons, video lessons, and live training events (see lesson types below). In order to complete a course, students must pass the lessons within it, either through grading tasks, such as a quiz, or through attendance, such as joining a live training event session.
Lesson completion can also be either mandatory or optional. For example, some customers use optional non-graded quiz questions within a lesson to act as a survey for feedback.
Lessons are made up of:
- Lesson title
- Content elements, such as video, quiz, and HTML (see lesson types below).
- Summary (optional) - a summary of the lesson using text/HTML.
- Downloadable content (optional) - you can provide attachments (of any file type) for trainees to download as a supplement for a lesson, such as an attached PDF file.
The lessons you can create from your Skilljar dashboard include (Select each lesson to learn more):
- Live Training
- SCORM or Web package
- File or web content
- LTI lesson
You don’t have to choose just one lesson type either; Video, HTML, audio, and a single quiz can also be combined into the same lesson (see Create and Manage Lessons for more).
- Note regarding text and quiz-only lessons: You can create a text or quiz-only lesson by selecting “Where are my text and quiz-only lessons?” and then the lesson type during the creation steps. However, these lessons can’t have combined content. We suggest you use the HTML and Quiz lessons on the prior page unless you have custom code in your theme that requires the old lessons.
You also can also add further lesson types through third-party integration tools. To learn more, please view the integrations section of the Skilljar help center.
- Create and manage lessons
- Embed Content in a Lesson
- Requiring Students to Complete Lessons in Order with Sequential Navigation
- Using Optional Lessons in a Course
- Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) Lessons
- Embed a Published Google Doc into a Lesson
- Enabling Lesson Description Tooltips
- Understand text, PDF, and embedded page lesson completion
- Maximizing Lesson Display by Default
- Displaying the Lesson Slide-out Menu by Default
- Naming Lessons or Files for Upload - Character Limits
- Enabling Lesson Score as Course Score and Grading