The plans feature includes a group membership rule based on plan access.
Learn more about plans at Plans 101.
To create a group based on your plans, follow these steps.
- Open your Skilljar dashboard and select Groups from the left navigation bar. This will open a list of the groups within your platform.
- Select the edit rules icon for the student group you want to manage. This will take you to the group's rule page.
- Select + Add Student to this group when they register for a plan to expand the list of available plans.
- Chose the plan(s) you want to add to the rule and select the > icon to move it to the Selected plans table to add it.
- When you're finished, select Save or Save and Continue Editing to make more adjustments.
When you set a ‘plan access’ rule for a given group, any time a learner gains access to a plan by activating a plan license (thereby ‘registering’ for the plan), they will be added to that group.
By using this new plan-specific membership rule in conjunction with group visibility unlocks two admin use cases, and you can present plan-specific upgrade opportunities.
- To set this up as an admin, you would:
- Create a Silver Plan
- Set up a Silver Plan Group with the plan access rule (i.e. when learners gain access to the Silver plan, they will be added to that group)
- Create an Upgrade to Gold Plan
- Set the group visibility for that plan to ‘hidden by default, making it visible to members of the Silver Plan Group only
- The Upgrade to Gold Plan will then become visible to any learner who gains access to the Silver Plan.