Send an automated event reminder email to students at least one hour before the event’s start time. You can choose from sending an existing email template or create a new one (for more about creating email templates, see Customized Email Notifications).
Note: You can only send one reminder email per event.
- Select Event Reminder Email
- Enter how many hours the message will be sent before the event starts.
- Note: The email must be at least one hour before the event start time. To send the email a day or more before the event, simply type in the hours, for example, two days = 48 hours.
- Choose an existing custom email template from the drop-down selection.
- You can preview the email by selecting Send Preview and make changes to the template by selecting Edit.
- To create a new template, select + New Template.
- When you’re finished, select Save.
Notes on editing a reminder email’s timing:
If an existing reminder email’s timing is edited to be nearer to the event (for example, from 24 hours to one hour), the student will only receive the email if the original time hasn’t yet passed. For example, there are 12 hours until the event and the original reminder email is changed from 24 hours to one hour before. Since it’s now less than 24 hours before the event, the student will have already received the email so won’t receive another email an hour before.
If the reminder email’s timing is edited to be farther away from the event, for example, from 24 hours to 48, and we’re already within that 48-hour window (for example 12 hours), the student will receive the email immediately. If you’re still outside the 48-hour window (for example, 62), then the student won’t receive it until the 48-hour mark.