You can embed many different types of content into a lesson. In this article we identify two ways to embed content.
For a full list of different content types that can be embedded, or instructions on how to embed a specific content type, see this help article.
Option 1: Embed by link
Easily embed the following content by just pasting the link to your content into a lesson.
- YouTube (or Google Hangouts on Air recording)
- Google doc. Learn more about embedding a Google Doc here.
- Google form
- Google groups
- Google presentation
- Qualtrics Survey
- Qzzr Quiz
- Haiku Deck
- Nintex Form
- Any website
Steps to embedding
- Copy the embeddable link to your content
- Login to the Skilljar Dashboard
- Navigate to the Courses section
- Select the specific course to update, click on the Curriculum list and select the lesson that you would like to embed content in
- Select "Embed Link" tab in Content section
- Select the type of content to be embedded from the dropdown menu
- Paste the link to your content in the "Url" field and select "Save Link" (the content type may populate, if recognizable, and save automatically)
- Click Save Lesson
Option 2: Embed as text lesson
Follow these instructions if your content is not included in the "Embed link" dropdown.
- Copy the embed link to your content
- Navigate to the course and click on the Curriculum list
- Create a new "Text" lesson or select a previously created "Text" lesson
- Select the Source Code button (<>)
- Paste the embed link into the Source code box and click "Ok"
- Click Save Lesson
Using style tags
If you’d like to include style tags, we’ve attached a template for you.
Below are the steps to follow when using the template.
- Download the attached file Template - Embed Content.html (located at the end of the article)
- Open the document in a text editor program
- Replace the link currently in the template at line 26 with the link to your content
- Copy the full code
- Go to your lesson in the Course Management section of your dashboard
- Choose text as the content type for the lesson
- Click your cursor into the text box
- Choose the Source Code button in the text editor toolbar (looks like: < >)
- Paste the code you copied into the Source Code section and click OK.
- Save the lesson
To view the lesson page from the student view, click Preview and select "This Lesson".
Optional lesson components:
- Summary - a text/HTML field where you can provide a summary of the lesson for trainees, links to additional resources, upload images, etc.
- Downloadable content - upload any file type to the downloadable content section to make available to the trainee as a supplementary downloadable attachment
A look at a trainee lesson page: