In some cases, instructors have elected to make videos downloadable. If this is the case, you can download the video files to view them offline (without being connected to the internet).
*Note: you must register for a course before you can access the videos*
To download videos for viewing offline:
These steps will only be applicable if the video file appears in the Downloads section. This is up to the Instructor's discretion.
- Make sure you have registered for the course
- If you are on the course detail page, select the Sign In button to sign in and enter the course
- Once you are signed in, you will see the Overview page. Click on the lesson that includes the video that is available to download
- If there is downloadable content, you will see a count of the number of files available and the word download next to a paper clip icon
- Click the download link in the top right corner of the screen (see arrow in screenshot below)
- When the Details open up, you will see the list of files available for downloading in the Downloads section.
- To download a file, click on the file name and the download will begin
- To watch a downloaded file, navigate to the folder where you downloaded the file to, and double click on the file name to open it and begin playing it
To watch downloaded video offline on iPad/iPod Touch
If you have any trouble watching a downloaded video, you can access the videos from your iTunes library. Once you have followed the steps above to download a video, add the video to your iTunes library.
- For iPad: help article on how to add the videos to your library then play them on your iPad: http://m.wikihow.com/Add-Movies-in-iPad
See method three: "Adding a Movie from Outside iTunes"
- For iPod Touch: help article on how to add the videos to your library then play them on your iPod Touch: http://m.wikihow.com/