In this article, we look at:
- How to set up a certificate
- How to require a passing quiz score
- Trainee experience
Set up a Certificate
Instructors can issue certificates to trainees based on 1 of 2 possible requirements:
- Course completion - trainees must complete a course by navigating through every lesson
- Passing a quiz - you can require that trainees pass a quiz in addition to completing a course to receive a certificate.
To issue a certificate upon completion of a course:
- Navigate to Course Management and select the course. This will take you to course details.
- Within the course details page, scroll down to expand the course settings
- Within course settings, scroll to the Completion Actions section
- Check "Issue certificate upon completion".
- Optional: define an expiration period with the "Expires" field
- If you want to remove an expiration for this course certificate, you can clear out any numbers from this field before saving
- Save changes. This will use the default certificate template:
To customize the certificate, see instructions in this article.
Require a passing quiz score
- Navigate to the desired course through Course Management
- If you are adding a new quiz, click the curriculum tab to add a new lesson.
- Click "New Lesson" at the bottom of the page, and select quiz from the dropdown.
- If you are editing an existing quiz, click quizzes under Course Management and select the quiz you'd like to edit.
- Scroll to the settings section, and update the passing score.
If you want to issue a certificate when the quiz is passed, you will need to check the "Issue certificate upon completion" field in the Advanced Course Settings as well (as outlined above).
- Trainees can view certificates issued for their completed Skilljar courses in the profile section of their account.
- A unique URL is generated that can be shared for verifying a trainee's completion. Verify my completion of Skilljar's Success Metrics for Online Training course by visiting this verification link: http://verify.skilljar.com/certificate/ahr43wvmbnzd
- Want to send students an email with a link to their certificate? Follow the steps in this article to activate that email: Managing Student and Instructor Email Notifications
Is your course measured as a certain amount of credits/points/hours? This can display on the certificate too. Details on how to configure this here.
What to do if you need to update an issued certificate?
In some cases you may need to make changes to an already issued certificate. To make changes to a certificate that has already been issued, you will want to reissue the certificate by manually updating the existing information in the Student record.
Once this is complete, the certificate ID and verification URL will remain the same but the new information will populate on the certificate.