In this article, we look at:
- How to set up a certificate
- How to require a passing quiz score
- Trainee experience
Set up a Certificate
Instructors can issue certificates to trainees based on 1 of 2 possible requirements:
- Course completion - trainees must complete a course by navigating through every lesson
- Passing a quiz - you can require that trainees pass a quiz in addition to completing a course to receive a certificate.
To issue a certificate upon completion of a course:
- Navigate to the course details page of your course.
- Open the Settings section.
- Scroll down to the Certificate section.
- Check "Issue certificate upon completion".
- Optional: define an expiration period with the "Expires" field
- Save changes. This will use the default certificate template:
To customize the certificate, see instructions in this article.
Require a passing quiz score
- Navigate to the desired course in the dashboard.
- If you are adding a new quiz, add a new lesson. Then select the "Quiz" option in the content section and click Create New Quiz.
- If you are editing an existing quiz, navigate to the quiz lesson, then click the Edit icon next to the quiz file
- Update the "Passing Score" field in the quiz detail section, and click Save.
If you want to issue a certificate when the quiz is passed, you will need to check the "Issue certificate upon completion" field in the Advanced Course Settings as well (as outlined above).
- Trainees can view certificates issued for their completed Skilljar courses in the profile section of their account.
- A unique URL is generated that can be shared for verifying a trainee's completion. Verify my completion of Skilljar's Success Metrics for Online Training course by visiting this verification link: http://verify.skilljar.com/certificate/ahr43wvmbnzd
- Want to send students an email with a link to their certificate? Follow the steps in this article to activate that email: http://support.skilljar.com/hc/en-us/articles/204251234
Is your course measured as a certain amount of credits/points/hours? This can display on the certificate too. Details on how to configure this here.