You can make it easy for learners to showcase the certificate they earned from completing your course on their LinkedIn profile. In this article, we will look at:
- How the certificate displays on LinkedIn
- Step-by-step process for enabling your certificates to be added to a learner's LinkedIn profiles.
- Learner experience
- LinkedIn Org ID
LinkedIn certificate display
If a learner adds their certificate to their LinkedIn Profile, the following certificate components will display:
- Certification Name (defined by you, or the course title)
- Unique certificate Credential ID
- The dates the certificate is valid through
- Your LinkedIn company name
- Your LinkedIn company logo
Enabling certificates to be added to LinkedIn Profiles
In this step, you will configure your certificate settings in Skilljar to surface the correct certificate attributes and enable them to be added to LinkedIn. This will provide learners an "Add to Profile" button to easily display their certificate to their LinkedIn profile.
- Navigate to Course Management.
- Select the course.
- Click on the Actions Tab.
- Scroll down to Completion actions and click Add Completion Action.
- Click "Issue certificate upon completion"
- Next, select the template you would like to use. You can select the Skilljar default template, select from a list of custom templates, or create a new template by clicking "Create New Template"
- Once you've selected a template, you'll be taken to the settings page for this certificate. Select "Add Certificate to LinkedIn."
- Enter the following information into the form:
- Name: We default to displaying the course title as the certification name. If you'd like to customize the certificate name that displays on a learner's LinkedIn Profile, add your custom name here and click Save Details. For example: Your course title may be "Advanced Marketing Tips", but you'd like the certificate name to display as "Marketing Expert."
- Issuing Organization: Include the name of the company as it appears on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn Organization ID: This is a 7-digit number that links to a company that has been verified as a LinkedIn Business Page. This does not get exposed for end users, but relates your Certificate back to a specific company on LinkedIn. Instructions on this found below.
- Save your settings.
Once you have configured the certificate LinkedIn settings, the LinkedIn Add to Profile button will display on the learner's Skilljar profile page next to their certificate.
If you select to send course completion emails for this course, the learner will also receive an email including a link to download their certificate and the LinkedIn Add to Profile option.
When a learner receives a certificate and opts to add it to their LinkedIn profile, they'll be able to set this up by going to their "Issue certificate upon completion" email and clicking the "Add to Profile" button that redirects to LinkedIn.
All of these fields that have been identified in the Certificate settings section within the Actions Tab will be autofilled on the LinkedIn form. Please note, the Expiration Date will not be populated into this field if it is not specified in the certificate. A learner will have to manually press the "This credential does not expire" button if the certificate does not in fact have an expiration date. The LinkedIn Organization ID does not surface on the learner's profile.
Learner view with Issuing Org ID and no expiration date
LinkedIn Org ID
You also have the ability to add your LinkedIn Business as the issuer of your LinkedIn Certificate. All you'll need to add is your LinkedIn Org ID. This LinkedIn Org ID is also only required to set up the autofill from the Dashboard User admin view, and is not something your learners will see or interact with.
Here’s how to find your Org ID:
- Log into LinkedIn as the admin for your business' Organization Page.
- Check the URL used when you are logged in as the admin.
- Your LinkedIn Org ID will be the seven-digit number included in the URL.
In this example, Skilljar's LinkedIn Org ID is shown: