You can select to have students and/or Dashboard admins receive an automatic email when the student registers for and/or completes a course or course series.
To customize Live Training or Course Completion emails, view our help article about Customizing Notification Emails.
To do so for courses:
- Go to Course Management and select a course.
- Scroll down and expand Settings section
- Scroll to the Registration Actions and Completion Actions
- Choose who you want to receive emails:
- Email Student on Registration: This sends the student a confirmation email when they register to this course.
- Email Instructor on Registration: This will send an email to the organization's notification email (set in Organization Settings) when a student registers to the course.
- Email Student on Completion: This sends the student an email when they complete the course. Information about certificate generation will be included if applicable.
- Email Instructor on Completion: This will send an email to the organization's notification email when a student completes the course.
To do so for a course series:
*Please note this will not apply for legacy course series - this will only apply to existing course bundles or any course series created after 6/9/2020
- Go to Catalog Settings for your domain, then select the Course Series tab and click the name of your series
- Scroll to Enrollment Settings and indicate if you would like students, the organization, or both to receive an email notification upon the student registration:
To change your organization's notification preferences (email notifications Skilljar sends to you when specific actions happen), follow the instructions outlined in Configuring Organization Settings.
- Student registration email for a course:
- Student registration email for a course series:
- Student completion email (no certificate issued)
- Student completion email (certificate issued)
- Student completion email (certificate issued, and LinkedIn Add to Profile is enabled)
- Learn more about the LinkedIn Add to Profile option.