There are several advanced course registration options available to you to best fit your desired student registration process, including opening and closing courses for new registrations and disabling registration requirements.
Note: To maintain any custom parameters you may have in place, such as Urchin Tracking Modules (UTM), please contact Skilljar Support.
Editing Registration Status
Registration status is managed in the published course settings of your Skilljar dashboard.
- Select Domains and Publishing or expand the Domains & Publishing header on the left and select Domains.
- Find the domain with the course you want to manage and select Published Courses.
- Select the name of the course you want to manage.
- Scroll to the Enrollment Settings section and select the relevant Registration Status (see below).
Open For New Registrations
The Open for New Registrations option is the default course registration setting and the most common setup. When a course is open for new registrations it means:
- The course is available for new student registration.
- Students are required to be registered for a course before they can access content.
- Full analytics are tracked for students when this course registration option is active.
There are two registration methods you can utilize when a course is open for registration, depending on the desired student sign-in experience.
- Self-registration - The student will first visit the course detail page.
Once the student selects the register button, the course registration page will display, where they will sign up for the course with their login credentials.
- Auto-registration - The student bypasses the course detail page. Learn more about the auto-registration method.
Closed For New Registrations
The Close For New Registrations setting prevents new students from registering for a course, but existing students still have access. Learn more about this use case.
Disabling Registration Requirement
The Disabling Registration Requirement setting will make it so students do not have to register for a course to access the lessons and content. Learn more about disabling the registration requirement for a course.