There are several advanced course registration options available to you, to best fit your desired student registration process. In this article, we will cover:
- Open for new registrations
- Closed for new registrations
- Disabling registration requirement
1. Open for new registrations
This is the default course registration setting, and the most common setup.
- The course is available for new student registration.
- Students are required to be registered for a course before they can access content.
- Full analytics are tracked for student when this course registration option is active.
There are 2 registration methods you can utilize when a course is open for registrations, depending on the desired student sign-in experience.
- Self-registration - With this method, the student first visits the course detail page.
Once the student clicks the register button, the course registration page will display, where they will sign up for the course with their own login credentials.
- Auto-registration - With this method, the student bypasses the course detail page. Learn more about the auto-registration method.
2. Closed for new registrations
This setting prevents new students from registering for a course, but existing students still have access.
3. Disabling registration requirement
With this setting, students do not have to register for a course to be able to access the lessons and content. Learn more about disabling the registration requirement for a course.