You can define which courses display to students on the catalog page based on which Group that student is in.
Step 1: Create a group
You will first need to create a student group. Visit this article for steps on how to create a group, and assign students to that group: http://support.skilljar.com/hc/en-us/articles/204468554
Step 2: Update the Group Access
You can update this setting for a course that has already been published, or update it at the time of publishing.
To update a course that has already been published:
- Navigate to Domains & Publishing: dashboard.skilljar.com/publishing
- Edit the published course's settings
- Scroll down to the Group Access section, and deselect "Accessible to all users on the catalog page"
Step 3: Link your courses's accessibility to a group
When you uncheck the "Accessible to all users on the catalog page" setting, the section will expand, which displays all available groups you have created.
- Click your cursor on a group's name to select it.
- Click the arrow button to move that group from the left column to the right column
- Optionally, enable the "Strictly enforce group access" setting to restrict both accessibility and visibility to specific groups.
- Click Save
Once you have defined which group(s) can see this course in the catalog, accessibility will be limited to only those students who are part of the assigned group.