We recently upgraded the ability of admins to edit a student's lesson or course progress. In addition to editing the completed at date, admins can now edit both the score and success status (pass / fail) at the lesson and course level.
This article provides an overview of how to edit a student's lesson or course progress and includes some things you should keep in mind when doing so.
1) Go to the Students section of the dashboard.
2) Select the relevant student by searching for their name or email address.
3) From that Student's profile page, select the Course you would like to update.
4) Once you're viewing the Course, select the Edit button in the upper right.
5) From here, you can make several changes:
- To edit complete/incomplete: Scroll to the lesson itself and enter the "Completed at" date to Complete it, or remove the date to make the lesson Incomplete.
- To complete all lessons: Select the "Mark all complete" to enter the current date/time as the Completed date for all lessons (Note: This can also be edited to a different date/time).
- To complete a course: Enter a Completed at date for the Course Progress. (Note: Once you complete a course, that change will be reflected in Analytics within 30 minutes. Students will be able to see the change in their profile immediately.)
6) To edit the success status or score, click on the lock icon for that course or lesson:
- To edit success status: Choose from a Success Status of "Passed" or "Failed.
- To edit score: Enter the student's score and total possible points.
7) After you've finished editing the page, make sure to scroll down and click "Save".
Things to keep in mind:
- If the course is set to email users upon course completion, students will receive an email once you complete the course on their behalf.
- If you grant certificates upon completion of the course, students will then be able to download the certificate from their profile. We will use the date you input as the Issue date on the certificate. Students will get this certificate link via email if you have course completion emails selected.
- If you enter a course completion date, but the lessons remain incomplete, the student will still have completed the course but you'll notice their progress is less than 100%. This is fine to leave as-is, but you can always complete the rest of their lessons if you want to see 100% complete in Analytics.