Under the Students section of the dashboard, you can search for a specific student, update their lesson or course progress for any of their registered courses, remove a user from a course, and even generate a course completion certificate.
This article covers steps to remove a user from a course by deactivating or expiring their enrollment.
How to remove a user from a course:
- Navigate to Students
- Search and select the student by name or email address
- On the student's profile page, select the course you want to update.
- Select the Edit button on the upper right, this will open all of the editable fields for this course, the lessons, and the course enrollment (*Note - not domain enrollment).
- Scroll to the Enrollments section:
- To remove a user from a course: Deselect the "Active" box to revoke a user's access.
- To expire a user's enrollment: In the "Expires at" field, input the date you want this user's access expired (midnight PST that date).
What is the user experience?
Once you deactivate or expire a user's course enrollment, the user can no longer access the course content or the curriculum page. They can always see their certificate, lesson progress (X of Y lessons complete).
A user must select the "Register" or "Purchase" button on the course detail page to re-enroll. However, progress is always saved, so if they do re-register or re-purchase, they can pick up right where they left off in the lessons.