Under the Students section of the Dashboard, you can search for a specific student, update their lesson or course progress for any of their registered courses, remove a user from a course, and even generate a course completion certificate.
This article covers steps to remove a user from a course or a plan by deactivating or expiring their enrollment.
How to remove a user from a course:
- Navigate to Students
- Search and select the student by name or email address
- On the student's information page, select the Course you want to update.
- Select the Edit button on the upper right, this will open all of the editable fields for this course, the lessons, and the course enrollment (*Note - not domain enrollment).
- Scroll to the Enrollments section:
- To remove a user from a course immediately: Deselect the "Active" box to revoke a user's access.
- To expire a user's enrollment at a specific date and time: In the "Expires at" field, input the date you want this user's access expired.
What is the user experience?
Once you deactivate or expire a user's course enrollment, the user can no longer access the course content or the curriculum page. They can always see their certificate, lesson progress (X of Y lessons complete).
A user must select the "Register" or "Purchase" button on the course detail page to re-enroll. However, progress is always saved, so if they do re-register or re-purchase, they can pick up right where they left off in the lessons.
How do I deactivate a student from a Plan?
The steps to deactivate a student from a Plan are as follows:
- As an Admin, you can navigate to the Student Profile on the Dashboard, where a Plan Enrollments table displays the Plan(s) your student is enrolled in.
- Once you click on the linked Plan name in the table, you will be redirected to the Plan Enrollment View.
- Click the Edit button to activate/deactivate the student’s Plan enrollment.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox and update the Expiration date.
- Click Save!
When deactivating a student from a Plan, there are a few things to consider:
- Once a student is deactivated from a Plan enrollment, if the student re-registers for that same Plan, a new enrollment is created and there will be a new line item in the Learning Plan Enrollments table.
- When a student enrolls in a Plan multiple times (e.g. the first enrollment expires, then re-enrolls), then the Plan Enrollments table will have an entry for each enrollment.
- From the student experience, once their Plan enrollment has been deactivated, they will no longer have access to any Courses or Paths that are contained in that Plan. The only way they would continue to have access to those Courses or Paths would be if they had registered for those Courses/Paths prior to enrolling in the Plan (say, if the course was offered outside of the Plan at one time).
Post Expiration Note: Plan status is set to Expired, Enrollment Status is set to False and the Expired date is set at the Plan level.