Skilljar offers a Salesforce integration to pass training data into your instance of Salesforce. Common Salesforce use cases include:
- Viewing training registration and completion data with other SFDC data
- Building consolidated SFDC dashboards with training and certification data
- Adding training data to customer success software like Gainsight
- Using training data to customize marketing targeted at your trained customers.
- Automatically adding training data to SFDC contact records
- Sending signup fields (e.g. job title, company name) into SFDC
Please note our SFDC App is different from 2 other supported features:
- Salesforce Single Sign On (re-use of login credentials)
- Salesforce + Skilljar integration via Zapier (https://zapier.com/zapbook/salesforce/skilljar/)
As part of your onboarding process, your implementation manager will activate the add-on for your Organization.
Skilljar creates a number of custom objects and tabs within Salesforce that are updated in real-time. These include:
- Skilljar Student (with a Skilljar ID and email address)
- Published Courses (with URL, domain, and title)
- Purchase information (Price, Currency, Promo Code)
- Enrolled At timestamp
- Latest Activity timestamp
- Number of completed lessons
- Number of total lessons in the course
- Completed At timestamp
- Success Status (Passed or Failed)
- Course Score
- Maximum Course Score
- Credits Earned
- Credit Units (e.g. Points, Hours)
- Certificate URL
- Certificate Code
See a full list of SFDC objects available with the SFDC App.
Step 1. Contact your Implementation Manager or email@example.com to ensure your Organization is configured for SFDC App integration
Step 2. Download the App through SFDC app exchange
Go here to download the appropriate managed package into your Salesforce instance; make sure to click "Get it now" and log in to your SalesForce account. Within the workflow, you can select whether you want to install the Sandbox or Production version; we recommend installing the Skilljar App into your Salesforce sandbox prior to the production version.
Step 3. Select Skilljar Connection Options
After installing the package, visit dashboard.skilljar.com/salesforce. Please note, your Skilljar account must be configured in order to complete the authentication.
Review the settings and make the desired selections:
- Whether you are connecting to a SFDC sandbox
- Whether you would like Skilljar to automatically update or add SFDC contact records. If this option is checked, we will automatically insert training data into contact records.
Step 4. Authenticate with Salesforce
Click "Save and Authenticate with Salesforce" to authorize the connection.
- Our recommended Best Practice is to create a "Skilljar Integration Admin" to use to authenticate the SFDC Integration - this will ensure there are no interruptions in data being passed to SFDC if your Skilljar Admin leaves your company.
Step 5. Success!
You'll see a confirmation dialog if the authorization is successful. Now start sending data into Salesforce!