Under the Students section of the dashboard, you can search for a specific student, update their lesson or course progress for any of their registered courses, remove a user from a course, and even generate a course completion certificate.
If you have selected to issue certificates when a user completes your course, you can now use our Students tab to manually issue a certificate to a user by marking their course as complete.
Note: When "Disable Automatic Completion" is turned on within the course settings, the student's progress for this lesson will remain incomplete and a certificate won't be issued until it is marked as complete.
Issuing a certificate to a user:
- A user must be enrolled in your course for you to issue their certificate. Once they are enrolled, go to the Students page.
- Search by name or email address and select the Student
- From the student's profile page, select the Course you want to update.
- Select the Edit button on the upper right, this will open all of the editable fields for this course.
- To generate their certificate:
- Enter a Completed at date for the Course Progress. We will use the "Completed" date for the "Issue Date" on the certificate, so make sure to choose the correct date. **Note: For students who completed the course previously and have an existing "Completed" timestamp, you'll need to remove the current timestamp, select "Save", then re-enter the "Completed" date and time.
- If there was a lesson with a "Success status" in your course, you can also choose "Passed" for the course, then click "Save."
- You'll now see the certificate link generated.
Re-issuing a certificate to a user:
- Go to your Skilljar dashboard and expand the Students tab, and then select the Students link to open the record page.
- Select the student you're issuing the certificate to by selecting their name from the list or searching by their name or email address.
- Under Course Enrollments, select the course for which you'd like to reissue their certificate to open the student options for that course.
- On the next page, select Edit in the top right corner. You'll now be able to edit the course and lesson progress.
- In the Course Progress box, select the lock icon to enable the ability to edit.
- Delete the date in the Completed at box and change the Success Status drop-down so it doesn't say passed of failed.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Select the Completed at box and a calendar will pop up. Select Now, or enter the original date the course was completed, and then change the Success Status back to Passed.
- Save again and the student will receive a new certificate within your Skilljar Dashboard. If email notifications are enabled, they'll also receive it via email.
What is the user experience?
- If you've set this course to email users upon course completion, they will receive an email once you complete the course with a link to view their certificate.
- The user will be able to download the certificate from their profile on your domain immediately.
- You will see this certificate in the Enrollments list and on the student's profile page in Analytics within 30 minutes. **Please note: if you make edits to a certificate template, and leave the file name the same, the certificate link will update within 24 hours.