You can enable search on your course catalog so that your users can easily find the training courses and lessons they need based on keywords they enter.
How does it work?
Users enter keywords into the search bar on your course catalog, and courses or lessons with matching words in their title, description, or tags will appear.
By clicking on the checkmark, users can filter their search results by course or lesson.
Users can also filter within their search results by utilizing your course catalog tags.
How do I enable it?
- Go to Domains & Publishing
- Select "Catalog Settings"
- Select one of the two search box display options to add the search feature on the course catalog
- Option 1: Display search box in the left nav
- Option 2: Display search box in header
How can I optimize my search results?
Results are returned based on the: course title, course short description, course long description, course tags, and lesson titles and lesson summaries. Therefore, we recommend taking time to add in the relevant descriptors for each, including the kinds of keywords you think your users will enter. Doing so will help your users find the courses quickly.