The Student feature enables Skilljar dashboard admins to sign into the student platform as if they were a student.
Note: Signing in as a Student allows a login session time of one hour. After one hour, you will automatically be logged out of the Student's account.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open your Skilljar dashboard and select Students, or expand the Students header on the right and select Students.
- Select a student's name from the list to view their student record page.
- On the student's page, select Admin actions, then select Sign in as a Student:
- If the student is registered for courses on multiple domains, you can select the domain you'd like to sign into from the following dropdown.
- Once you've signed in as the student, you'll be taken to the catalog page for the selected training domain. The top of the page will display a dismissible message confirming that you are logged in as that student.
- Go to the student's profile page by selecting their icon and then My Profile from the dropdown:
Some important call-outs:
- What happens if I view course material as a student? From a Skilljar perspective, you are now that student. Any actions you take (for example, viewing course materials, completing courses, registering for courses, answering quiz questions) will be attributed to that student in our systems.
- Can I change a student's first name, last name, and email from here? This depends on if you've enabled single sign-on (SSO) on any domain in your organization. If the student profile was created through logging in with an Identity Provider (for SSO), you won't be able to change their information. You can change the email in your Identity Provider (for SSO) and instruct the student to log out and log back in. This action will allow the updated email to be passed to Skilljar and displayed in the student's My Profile section. If the student profile was created using Skilljar's Sign-up form, you should be able to update this information using the "pencil" icons.
- How do I sign out of the student's account? Sign out as you normally would, by selecting the student's profile picture and selecting "Sign Out" from the drop-down menu. You will be automatically signed out after one hour.