At times, you may wish to require that students submit assignments and receive a grade on their submission in order to complete a course. You can do this in Skilljar with a few simple steps.
Collect Student Submissions Using Quizzes
- Create a quiz and add a Free Form Response Question
- For the Free Form Response question, choose to either to Automatically Grade questions, or Manually Grade question.
- Review student responses from the Students page under the Tasks tab:
- For questions that require manual grading, students will receive your feedback upon grading the task.
Collect Student Submissions via a Form or Email
- Within Course Management for your specific course, create a Text Lesson. It is recommended that you include the requirements for the assignment in the lesson.
- Open the Settings at the bottom of the Text Lesson and check the box, "Disable Completion Upon View."
- After students have submitted their assignments, you can manually enter their score/grade and mark the lesson as complete in the Students section of the Dashboard. To view the help article about how to edit student course progress, click here.