You can sell access to an entire training portal/domain through Skilljar using eCommerce payment tools like Stripe and Paypal. As an admin, you can choose the length of time that the purchased access is valid for.
This is helpful for subscription models, where you want to sell access to your entire course catalogue, and allow students to complete access for a designated amount of time.
To sell access to your domain, follow these steps:
- Go to your Skilljar Dashboard, expand the Domains & Publishing header, and select Domains to open the Domains page.
- Find the domain you want to edit and select Domain Settings.
- Scroll down to Access and select Access code required: catalog is visible once the user signs up with an access code to add an access code to your domain.
- Select Sell subscription to this domain? More options will appear.
- Enter a price that the users will pay for access in the Price box.
- In the Checkout Quantity box, enter the maximum quantity you would like a user to purchase per transaction. If you leave the box blank, the maximum will be 30 as default.
- Under Expiration and in the Expires box, add a number to indicate when the access to the domain will expire following the purchase of the access codes. Choose either months or days. If left blank, there will be no expiration.
- Add a description text to the Description Override box. You can use the default Description for the domain as shown, or choose to override it by adding a description of your own. The Description and the SKU will appear in the Order Report.
- If you would like your Organization email to receive notification upon a learner's purchase of the domain, select Receive Notification On Purchase. If you'd like to receive an email when the learner accesses the domain, select Receive Notification On Initial Access.
When students go to your training portal, they will be asked to sign in with their credentials or via single sign-on (SSO) and purchase an access code. They can choose to purchase access for a group of students as well. The student experience can be seen below.
Click here to view more information on setting up payments in Skilljar.
Click here to learn more about creating promo codes for domain access.