Enable lesson-level tooltips that display helpful text whenever a learner hovers over a lesson title on your Course Detail page. This article explains how to set up description tooltips for your course lessons.
- Open your Skilljar dashboard and select Course Management, or expand the Course Management header on the left and select Courses.
- Find and select the course with the lesson you want to edit.
- Select the lesson you wish to edit and expand the Settings header.
- Within the lesson Settings you'll find the Tooltip description box:
- Using the text box, enter the description you'd like to be displayed on the tooltip. The text editor toolbar can also be used to format the text in a variety of ways:
- Once you've entered and formatted your text, select Save Lesson.
- For courses where there is either a Live Training Event or an About This Course section, the tooltip will display to the left of the lesson.
- If the course doesn't have a Live Training Event or an About This Course section, the tooltip will display above the lesson.
- Tooltips will not currently display on mobile devices
Displaying Tooltips for Sections
Tooltips can also be displayed for Sections, by updating the text box on a section in the Course Editing area of your dashboard.