You can embed a published Google Doc into a lesson. Students will be able to see the content in the Google Doc embedded into a lesson. Since the Google Doc is published, the lesson will look similar to a text lesson and students will not be able to edit the Google Doc.
In this article:
Obtain a Google Doc embeddable link
- On the Google Doc in your Google Drive, click File on the toolbar.
- Select “Publish to the web …”
- Click the “Link” tab in the dialogue box.
- Adjust “Published content & settings” functionality
- Select or deselect “Require viewers to sign in with their account.”
- Select or deselect “Automatically republish when changes are made.”
- Click Publish. A dialogue box appears that says, “Google Drive: Are you sure you want to publish this selection?”
- Click OK.
- Right click and click Copy in the dropdown. The URL is copied to your clipboard.
Note: To embed a Google Doc in Skilljar successfully, use the Published Link method outlined above. Copying the browser URL or using the default Share button will result in an error in the Skilljar lesson.
Embed a Google Doc into a lesson
- From the “Course Management” dropdown in the Dashboard left navigation bar, click “Courses.”
- Click the name of the specific course you want to update.
- Click the "Curriculum" tab and click New Lesson at the bottom of the existing curriculum.
- Click the "Video, PDF, Audio or Embed" lesson type.
- In the “Content” section, click the "Embed Link" tab.
- From the “Type” dropdown menu, select the “Google Doc” from the dropdown menu.
- In the “Url” field, paste the published link to the Google Doc and click Save link.
- Click Save Lesson.
Note: The content type may populate, if recognizable, and save automatically. You will still need to click Save Lesson to save your changes.