Learn how to integrate your GoTo accounts with Skilljar and how to create live training events within courses.
Linking Your GoTo Accounts with Skilljar
To begin your integration, you’ll need to have login information in GoTo for each instructor you'd like to link to your Skilljar account.
- Log into your Skilljar Dashboard account.
Go to the GoTo settings page: https://dashboard.skilljar.com/goto/ - here you will link each of your instructor's GoTo accounts with Skilljar.
- Click on Add Instructor and select GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining. You'll be prompted to enter your user name and password, or if you're already logged in, it will automatically be added for you. If you are asked to allow Skilljar to access your GoToTraining account, click Approve.
Once you have authenticated someone for one GoTo product, you can authenticate them for another with one click while you are logged in with their account.Example: I just authenticated Andy for GoToTraining, following steps 1 through 4. I can authenticate them for GoToMeeting in one step by clicking “Connect to GoToMeeting”.
- You will see the instructors/accounts get added to the appropriate section Setting on the page (Meeting, Webinar or Training), as seen below.
To add additional instructors, click one of the “Logout of GoTo” buttons and repeat steps 1 through 5.
- Note: Even if you have added an instructor to both GoToTraining and GoToMeeting, you only need to logout once. Repeat the above steps for each instructor you'd like to add.
- Note: If you change a password for a GoTo account that is linked with Skilljar, please re-authenticate the account within Skilljar.
Your GoTo account(s) should now be connected and you're ready to begin creating GoTo events from within Skilljar.
Creating a GoTo Live Training Event in a Course
Once you’ve linked your GoToMeeting, Webinar or Training account to Skilljar, you can begin creating events from within the Live Training section of the Dashboard.
To create a Live Training lesson:
- Navigate to Course Management
- Select the course in which you want to provide a live training
- Select "New Lesson" and choose: Live Training
- Input your lesson details and click "Save"
- Then, click "New event" and select the service you want to use from the Dropdown menu (this may be GoToWebinar, GoToTraining or GoToMeeting).
- Enter the details for your new meeting, including the Event Name, Start and End Time, Instructor name, Timezone, and Total Seats (optional) and Save your event. The instructors you have added for that GoTo product will show up as options in the Instructor name drop down menu.
Note on Reminder Emails:
To date, GoTo products do not provide a way to turn off reminder emails to registrants on the account level or via integration. You can turn them off for each event within the GoTo product to avoid sending registrants additional emails.
Note on Instructor Name:
If you do not see the desired instructor on the list of Instructor Names, you'll need to go back and link the Instructor's GoTo account to Skilljar.
For more information on Live Training, please visit this article.