With Skilljar, you can configure your training site with a custom domain of your choice (e.g. training.company.com or www.companytraining.com). This article will walk you through the steps to set this up.
Custom domains are given SSL by default with an SSL certificate managed by Skilljar. If you'd like to provide your own SSL certificate, feel free to contact Skilljar Support at email@example.com.
1. Decide on your training site's custom domain name
2. Send us your custom domain name request
You can fill out the form here or reach out to Skilljar Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll let you know once we receive your request, then follow up when your custom domain is added to your Skilljar organization.
3. Add CNAMEs to your DNS records
We'll follow up with 2 CNAME records. The first is to map your training domain, and the second is to manage the SSL certificate. They'll look similar to the following:
Example domain: training.company.com
A few things to be mindful of:
- Leading underscores are required in the SSL certificate CNAME record
- Some DNS providers (GoDaddy) add an extra root domain on the end (e.g. training.company.com.company.com) – you'll want to de-duplicate this by removing the .company.com if necessary.
4. Wait for your site to be available
After the CNAMEs are added, our automated system will do the rest. It will take between 1-2 hours for your site to be available.
As long as the SSL validation CNAME remains in your DNS records, the SSL certificate will renew automatically.