Skilljar now supports SAML 2.0 as a Single Sign-On Authentication option for Skilljar Dashboard Users.
This can create a seamless experience for your Skilljar Dashboard Users who are creating and managing your Skilljar domains.
NOTE: At this time, Skilljar only supports SAML 2.0 as the authentication type for Dashboard access.
SAML 2.0 Setup
IdP settings to provide to Skilljar include the following:
- IdP certificate: PEM-encoded x509 certificate used by the IdP.
- IdP entity ID: The SAML EntityId of the IdP.
- IdP SingleSignOnService URL: The URL of the IdP SingleSignOnService endpoint. Skilljar supports HTTP-Redirect binding for this URL.
- Assertion AttributeName FirstName: The SAML assertion attribute element's AttributeName which contains the first name of the user.
- Assertion AttributeName LastName: The SAML assertion attribute element's AttributeName which contains the last name of the user.
- Assertion AttributeName Email: The SAML assertion attribute element's AttributeName which contains the email address of the user. If this is not supplied, Skilljar will use the assertion subject's NameIdentifier value as the user's email address.
SP settings provided by Skilljar will be returned in an XML file format and will include:
- SP EntityID: Unique URN which will be created for your Dashboard.
- SP certificate: PEM-encoded x509 certificate used by the SP.
- AssertionConsumerService URL: URL endpoint of the AssertionConsumerService
- NameIDFormat: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress
Feel free to reach out to your Skilljar contact or email@example.com if you have any additional questions or are interested in configuring SAML 2.0 for your Skilljar Dashboard.