You can edit existing unpublished and published courses from the course settings page, such as registration status, tags, enrollment settings, and more. Many of the options will be the same as when you initially created the course.
Edit an Unpublished Course
- Open your Skilljar Dashboard, and select Course Management on the home page, or expand the Course Management header on the left and select Courses.
- Choose the course you want to edit from the list.
- On the course's page, you can select the Preview, Manage Course, or Bulk Upload buttons to:
- Preview the course “Detail Page” or the course “Curriculum Page.”
- Publish the course.
- Clone the course.
- Delete the course.
- Edit Content Managers.
- Bulk upload either a “Video, PDF, or Audio” file or a “SCORM 1.2 / Web package” file.
- Select between the Details, Curriculum, and Actions tabs.
- Curriculum tab
- On the “Curriculum” tab, you can create and edit the lessons within the course.
- Reorder the existing curriculum.
- Add a “New Section.”
- Add a “New Lesson.”
- Edit the lesson “Title.”
- Edit the lesson “Content.”
- Edit the lesson “Summary.”
- Add or change the lesson “Downloadable content.”
- Adjust the lesson “Settings” including:
- Select or deselect “Disable Automatic Completion.”
- Select or deselect “Optional Lesson.”
- Select or deselect “Hide Disqus Pane.”
- Select or deselect “Display in Fullscreen./”
- Enter a “Lesson Time” to display on the detail, curriculum, and lesson pages for the course.
- Add a “Tooltip description” to display on the course detail page when students hover over the lesson title.
- Details tab
- On the “Details” tab, you can edit:
- Remove the “Promo image.”
- Upload a “Promo video,” add an “Embed Link,” or add an existing asset from “Your Files.”
- Edit the course “Title.”
- Edit the course “Short Description.”
- Edit the course “Long description html.”
- Adjust the course settings for:
- “Lesson Display.”
- “Lesson Navigation.”
- “Collapse Sections.”
- “Course Score.”
- “Course Time.”
- Actions tab
- On the "Actions" page, you can edit:
- Registration actions, including which system messages are sent to the student or organization upon registration. You can create a custom email template from the settings.
- Engagement actions, such as managing the emails that are sent after a student registers for this course, but before they complete it.
- Completion actions, including if a certificate is given on successful completion, and the emails that are sent upon successful or failed completion.
- Post-completion actions, including emails that are sent to students after they have completed the course.
- Learn more about the Actions tab at Using the Course Action Tab to Automate and Customize your Messaging.
- When you're finished editing the course, select Save/Save Lesson at the bottom of the page (except on the Actions tab).
Note: The changes you make to a course will change across all domains where the course is published.
Edit a Published Course
- Open your Skilljar Dashboard, and select Domains & Publishing or expand the Domains & Publishing header on the right and select Domains to open the Domains page.
- Find the domain with the course you want to edit and select Published Courses.
- On the next page, select the name of the course you want to edit to open its settings page (see above).
Many of the options will be the same as when you initially created the course.
If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact your dedicated Implementation Manager, Customer Success Manager, or Skilljar Support!