You can customize the emails that students receive after they register for a Live Training Event through Settings of any Live Training Lesson. This article reviews the steps of creating and applying a custom email template for your Live Training Lessons.
Create and Enable your Custom Email Template
- Navigate to Course Management and edit a Course.
- Create or edit a Live Training Lesson and expand the lesson Settings. You'll notice a dropdown menu under the "Email Student on Registration" Checkbox:
By default, all Live Training Lessons will be set to send a standard message from Skilljar outlining the basic details of the Live Training opportunity.
Steps to Create a New Email Template:
- From the Live Training Lesson Settings, clicking the "+ New" Button will open a page where you can create a new email template.
- If you have already created a template, you can also go back and edit that template as needed.
- The Template page enables you to customize various elements of the standard email your students receive, including the subject line, email body, and field name elements to further personalize your message.
- The Template Name is the title that you select when you are applying this template to your Live Training Lessons in the future.
- The Subject Line can be customized to include Variables of your choosing, listed below.
- The Email Content section is the email body, and supports both text and variables. The following formatting options are also available:
- Bold, Italic, Underline
- Justification (Right, Center, Left, Full)
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Hyperlinks (URLs)
- Variables - detailed information on Variables can be found in the Email Template Variables help article. You can also click on the variable in the sidebar to copy the selected variable to your clipboard and then paste into your Email Subject or Email Body.
- Once finished, you can save the template by clicking "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Previewing an Email Template
You can send a preview of your email by clicking the "Send Preview" button and entering an email address in the popup:
Note: You can only submit one preview email address at a time, but can send as many previews as needed prior to saving your template.
Enable a template for a Live Training Lesson
Once the template has been saved, you can activate it for any number of Live Training Lesson by selecting your template name from the dropdown under the email notification settings of the lesson in question:
Once selected, make sure to save your Lesson at the bottom of the page to ensure the template is applied.