Picklist signup field responses can be used to gather unique details about students and may be used to add students to groups. Multiple variables can be used to specify the student’s group membership based on signup field responses.
- Note: This enhanced group automation is most useful when Sending Custom User Attributes to Skilljar via SSO fields from your SSO system as these fields are defined in your identity provider (IdP) and we can utilize any type of signup field.
The following examples show Skilljar authentication without SSO, in which case, only picklist signup fields are valid for creating group rules.
How to Create a Group With Sign-Up Field Rules:
To Create a Sign-Up Field rule for a Group:
- Open your Skilljar dashboard and select Groups on the left-hand side.
- Either select a Group to edit an existing one, or New Group to create a new one.
- Expand the Add Student to this group when they use a signup field header.
- In the “Add User to Group Who” dropdown, select Meet ANY of the selected fields or Meet All of the selected fields (see below).
- Check/uncheck the Require Signup Field Rule box - this will be checked by default. If checked, this will remove users from the group if the membership rule hasn’t been satisfied.
- Example: if a group was created for students from Washington and Oregon states, but is later edited to include only students from Oregon, the “State” signup field rule will remove any students who didn’t choose Oregon as their state.
- Note: If no signup fields are assigned or they’ve been removed, this option won’t be enabled by default.
- Choose the signup fields you want to include from the “Available signup fields” list on the left and select the > icon to move them to the “Selected signup fields list”, or Select all and > to move all of them.
- Note: You can search for individual signup fields in the Search box.
- When you’re finished, select Save and Continue Editing or Save.
Meet ANY of the selected fields (Default)
Selecting the ‘Meet ANY of the selected fields’ dropdown will change the signup field rules to allow a student into the group if they have ANY of the signup field responses that are added to the group rules. The student only needs ONE of the defined responses to be added to the group. The selected signup field responses can be from the same signup field or different signup fields. This selector is how Sign Up Field rules operated before enhanced group automation existed.
Example: If you have a signup field that defines the State a student is from, you could create a group called “West Coast Students.” For this group, you would add the signup field responses of California, Washington, Oregon. If a student selects any one of the states in the signup process, they will be added to the “West Coast Group”. Group members can have any one of the signup options that have been added to the rules list.
Meet ALL of the selected fields
Selecting the ‘Meet ALL of the selected fields’ dropdown sets group membership rules to be restricted to those users who meet ALL the required criteria. The student needs EACH of the defined Sign up Field responses to be added to the group. It is not possible to use multiple responses from the same Sign Up Field for a group rule, as a student cannot have more than one response to the same Sign Up Field.
Example: You create multiple signup fields; ‘State’ and ‘Job Role’, you then create a group named ‘Washington Managers’ using ALL logic that requires a student is part of the ‘Washington’ signup field option AND the ‘Manager’ signup field option. If a student meets both requirements, they will be added to the ‘Washington Managers’ group.
Note: Trying to add multiple options from the same Sign-Up Field when using the Meet ALL of the Selected Fields option will result in an error and will not allow you to save your group with this rule.
Once you create these groups, you’ll be able to restrict visibility and sort analytics which you can learn more about in these other articles:
Note: Group membership can be automated after Skilljar users manually create the corresponding Group. To automate Group creation, reach out to our Customer Success team for access.
Require Signup Field Rule
Enabling the 'Require Signup Field Rule' will remove users from the group if they don't meet the specified signup criteria listed above. For instance, if the rule specifies that users should be from either Washington or Oregon, and a user selects a different state, they will automatically be removed from the group.