You can set a time limit in HH:MM:SS format to limit the amount of time students have to complete the quiz.
Add a time limit to a quiz
- Within a quiz, click the Settings tab.
- In the Time Limit section, add the desired quiz time.
- Save the quiz when complete.
Quizzes with a time limit will display a countdown timer for students as they progress through the questions:
- If the timer runs out, the student's quiz is automatically submitted and any unanswered questions are marked as incorrect.
- Students will see the Passed results page if:
- They earn a passing score even if the time expired, or
- They earn a passing score after their answers are manually graded
- Students will see the Failed results page if:
- They earned a failing score after the time expired, or
- They earned a failing score after their answers are manually graded, or
- They didn't answer enough automatically graded questions correctly even if the quiz requires additional manual grading
- Students will see the Requires Grading results page if:
- The time limit has expired and there are questions that require manual grading to determine their score
- Every quiz results page will outline the number of questions that were answered along with the elapsed time.
- Quizzes with time limits will show the applicable time limit on your Analytics > Quizzes page
For more information on Quizzes, view this article.