Default Home Pages allow you to create a custom landing page for different groups of users. When you define a new Default Home Page for a specific Group, any member of that Group will bypass the normal Catalog Home Page and instead be routed to the alternative Default Home Page you’ve selected.
Some audiences you may want to create a specific Default Home Page for include:
- Different role types in your product
- Large clients that need a customized learning space
- Different languages or regions
To define a Default Home Page for a Group, you must first create the Catalog Page you want to use.
- Will Groups with Default Home Pages be able to access the Catalog Home Page?
Students in Groups with a defined Default Home Page will NOT be able to access your Catalog Home Page. They will bypass this page in favor of the Default Home Page. Note: You can always create another Catalog Page with additional content that these students can access.
- What will the URL be for a Default Home Page?
When a group has a Default Home Page defined, the URL for a Default Home Page does not display as the PAGE URL, it displays as the Catalog Home Page URL.
- What if students are in more than one Group?
In order to ensure that the user lands on the appropriate page, users can only be in one Group with a unique Default Home Page. If students are in multiple Groups that have different Default Home Pages, the system will route them to the original Catalog Home Page (for example, academy.skilljar.com rather than academy.skilljar.com/page/admin).
- What do students see before they log in?
If your Catalog Home Page is public and can be browsed prior to a student signing up or signing in, they will see whatever is on that page prior to sign in. Once they sign in, they will be automatically routed to the Default Home Page if they are in a Group that has one defined. Note: If they were already on a Curriculum Page
How to Configure a Default Home Page
- First, you'll need to create the Catalog Home Page you'd like to designate as a Default Home Page.
- Navigate to the Groups section of the Dashboard.
- You’ll notice that when you’re creating a group, there is a setting that says “Define Catalog Home Page for This Group.” Select the checkbox, and use the dropdown menu to find the correct Catalog Page.
- Follow the rest of the instructions for creating groups.