Plans let you package and sell your training content with greater flexibility. In this article, we'll explain what plans are and how they work.
What is a plan?
Plans offer admins a powerful ability to provide learners with access to multiple courses and learning paths. When you create a plan, you have the opportunity to choose the specific training content you would like to include and define plan-level settings such as price and expiration.
Why use a plan?
Plans will enable you to:
- Package your training content in a myriad of ways.
- Design a tiered subscription model to drive training revenue.
- Show upgrade promotions to specific segments with group automation.
How do plans work?
Like course and learning paths, plans surface to learners as a tile on a catalog page:
When a learner selects a plan tile, the plan detail page displays. The content section contains links to all of the published courses and published paths that are included in the plan.
When a published course or published path is included in a plan, the detail page of that plan object will also display a callout with a link to the relevant plan detail page(s):
Learners can purchase one or more licenses to access the plan:
If a learner purchases multiple plan licenses, they will have the opportunity to use one themself:
Once a learner has access to the plan, the plan tile will display an ‘active’ ribbon:
And the tiles of any objects (such as published courses and published paths) that are included in the plan will display a ‘get started’ ribbon to communicate that the learner now has access:
When a learner clicks into one of the plan objects that they now have access to, the plan detail page will display a ‘start’ button (instead of ‘purchase’ or ‘register’). When the learner selects the start button, they will be registered for that published course or published path and an object-level enrollment will be created.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a published course or published path be part of multiple plans at the same time?
Yes, absolutely! There is no limit to the number of plans a given object can belong to (or the number of plans you create).
Are plan tiles included in catalog search?
Yes! The following types of plan content are indexed by search:
- Plan title
- Plan short description (if any)
- Plan tags (for example, tags that have been added to the plans tile - if any)
Two callouts about plan tiles and catalog search:
- Similar to group visibility and catalog page location, the searchability of the plan tile is separate and independent from the searchability of the objects (i.e. published courses, published paths) in the plan itself.
- Plan tiles follow the same searchability rules as course tiles: In order for a plan tile to be searchable by a student, that plan must be both 1) visible to that student and 2) located on a catalog page that is visible to that student