You can integrate Skilljar with the inSided community platform through the federated search integration that allows users to simultaneously search through your Skilljar courses and inSided content, allowing for ease of information all in one place. Here’s a quick overview of the benefits of this integration:
- Show Skilljar courses in your inSided live-search dropdown and search results page
- Directly navigate to a Skilljar course from the community
- Filter the search result pages between inSided community results and your Skilljar course content
This quick guide will walk you through the inSided integration set up and how to activate federated search within the inSided platform.
Note: To integrate inSided with Skilljar, you must be logged in as a Community Manager or Administrator on inSided.
How To Set Up Federated Search with inSided
- Generate an API token from the Skilljar Dashboard
- Log in to inSided and navigate to Control → Integrations → Apps → Skilljar
- Enter your API Token and subdomain and hit ‘Install’. Wait for the confirmation banner. The integration is now set up.
- Enable the ‘Federated search’ toggle and wait for the confirmation banner. Federated search is now set up.
- Visit inSided and validate if Skilljar courses show up by running some search queries.
Change the “Skilljar” label in the live-search dropdown directly in the community or in Control → Customization → Phrases. Edit or Add the following phrase: Module [Forum], key <federated.search.skilljar>