Group learners together (such as by their company) to tailor your training content to specific audiences and track progress data. You can assign one or multiple students to a group, then filter analytics for that group only. Students can also belong to multiple groups.
Note: Please reach out to your customer success manager (CSM) to automate group creation.
Create a Group
To create a new group, open your Skilljar dashboard and follow these steps:
- .Select Groups from the left-hand navigation to open the Groups page.
- The Groups page will display a list of your existing groups, as well as display how many there are.
- Select New Group.
- Enter the name of your group.
- To add the group to a category, select which category you want to add the group to via the Category dropdown selection. For more information, see Group Categories.
- To select a catalog page to act as the default home page for the group, select the Define Catalog Home Page For This Group box and choose the catalog page from the dropdown selection.
- When you’re finished, select Save or Save and Continue Editing.
On the group creation page, you also have a number of optional settings that will automatically add students to a group. See the Assign Students to a Group section below.
Assign Students to a Group
You can assign students to a group either during the group creation process or by using the below steps.
- Select Groups from the left-hand navigation to open the Groups page.
- Find the group you want to manage from the list or use the search bar. You can also filter the groups by category by selecting the category dropdown.
- Select the icon in the Edit Members column.
There are four different ways to assign students to a group.
- Members - Select students from a list of all users who have registered for a course.
- The Available members column on the left includes every user who has registered for at least one course.
- Click on a user to select them, then click the corresponding arrow to move them into the list of Selected Members on the right.
- You can highlight multiple users at a time, and you can search for users by name or email address.
- Once you have finished assigning users to the Selected members list, click Save.
- Domain access - Auto-assign any students to a group who use a specific access code pool when registering for your domain.
- Promo codes - Auto-assign students to a group who use a specific promo code when registering for a course.
- Signup field - Auto-assign students to a group based on the selection they make from a custom pick list signup field. For example, if your pick list signup field is labeled "Role", and it provides users the options of Account Manager, Project Manager, or Director of Operations, you can create a group for each role, then auto-assign students that choose Account Manager to the Account Manager group, etc. Learn more about advanced signup field rules.
View Analytics by Group
Go to the Analytics section of the dashboard: https://dashboard.skilljar.com/analytics/
See the "Filter by" option in the upper right corner. You can filter analytics by any group you've created.